Thread: Modifying Colours of Certain Texts In Firefox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Modifying Colours of Certain Texts In Firefox

I like the dark axiom theme with xfce4. However, since the change, Firefox will show a page like text.png

I have looked in about:config, and searched for "color", the options are not quite showing the color shown in the attached screenshot which would be approx #E.......

Does anyone know how to override this particular type of text color?

Oh, I have also noticed automatic spell checker is not running either. Does anyone know where to enable this? (It does work in some things, not in others)

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Modifying Colours of Certain Texts In Firefox

There is a spell checker bug that affects some users that goes back to 12.10 or earlier . You can manually start the spell checker by right clicking to open the context menu . Under Languages select the default language in use and the spell checker should work until the browser is closed. I added a spell check extension to avoid this work around.

One way I get around dark theme problems in Firefox is to use complete themes since many have their own font and color schemes. The default theme doesn't work well with most dark themes.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...mplete-themes/
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 3246251196 View Post
    I like the dark axiom theme ...

Does anyone know how to override this particular type of text color? ....
    See if Make firefox only use GTK theme on browser chrome, but ignore on websites or Mediterranean themes for Unity - Change input form colors
    is of help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thank you both.

It looks like I will use the chrome/user*.css approach to manually change websites that are causing issues. I did install a "proper" dark theme for Firefox but even still I had a grey text on white background. However, this *.css solved this issue.

Cheers; Solved.