Thread: No full screen in Youtube with dual monitors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

No full screen in Youtube with dual monitors

Hi all,

Odd one. I have a monitor attached to my laptop, am using both screens, ARandR to configure and working beautifully (monitor on shelf above laptop). Only thing, when I click a Youtube clip to view in full screen, on either monitor, yep, goes to full screen no problem, but the actual video size stays the same. Black around the edges. Vid plays fine but actually no bigger.

Bit hard to explain so I have attached a screen shot to give some idea. Any thoughts?

Tnx in advance ...

PS: This doesn't happen if I watch a vid from anywhere else. Click full screen, full screen as normal. Seems to be specific to Youtube.
    PPS: I haven't tried this with the one monitor setup but when I was using just the laptop there was no problem. Only happened with the dual monitor plan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; September 24th, 2013 at 05:49 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: No full screen in Youtube with dual monitors

as a possible workaround does it go properly full screen if you copy url of video into VLC
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track [◄►] ● Is there Voodoo in the machine?
    ShanArt ● Mark as SolvedXmms

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: No full screen in Youtube with dual monitors

Quote Originally Posted by shantiq View Post
    as a possible workaround does it go properly full screen if you copy url of video into VLC
    Oddly, yes.