Thread: Canon Pixma 2120 printer/scanner

Beans

Question Canon Pixma 2120 printer/scanner

I have a cannon pixma 2120 printer/scanner I did have it working for awhile but all of a sudden it stopped working and I never did get the scanner part of the printer working. I try to print and I get an error code but no # with the error. Is there a way for me to get the printer working properly with the scanner function also? I have colour ink in it but my black is empty I should have inks full correct but like I said I could never get the scanner function to work. I have an acer laptop and I operate Ubuntu 10.04, is there anyone that can help me get this working and I know I need all my ink cartridges full before I attempt to fix this but I need to know what I have to do to get my printer working right, Thank you for taking the time to read this and to help me. I am a complete beginner still but I'm improving slowly.

Beans

cannon printer problems

Hi my name is Sean and I Ubuntu 10.04 and I know it's an older model but I have a cannon pixma 2120 printer and it won't print or scan for me and I can't find the drivers for it. I did have it working when I first got it, someone from the community gave me the instructions and how to input them but I can't find them in any of my older post. Is there someone out there that can help me? I know I should up-grade but I'm such a novice with this computer stuff that I don't want to because I would lose all my stuff that I already have installed I.E. my yahoo, google and such. Unless there is someone here in Orange County CA Fullerton area to be specific that can help me do a up-grade? Any way back to my real problem can the community help me get my printer up and running again, PLEASE and THANK YOU for your time and support.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Canon Pixma 2120 printer/scanner

Hi Sean,

This post seems to have worked for the OP in that thread.

Also, is this the thread you were referring to?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: Canon Pixma 2120 printer/scanner

Sooner or later you have to learn how to reinstall. For example now
    About problems due to upgrading
    Bringing old hardware back to life.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts