Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SteamOS: Ext4 or Btrfs?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: SteamOS: Ext4 or Btrfs?

I think they will be conservative with most things. They want to roll it out to millions of non-techies and not have issues. The only place i imagine them trying to be cutting edge would be bits that they know very well, for example graphics drivers.

Also if they want this to be more appliance than computer, then it may have the main file system read only, and use a separate partition for user data.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: SteamOS: Ext4 or Btrfs?

Yeah, I feel bad for Wayland. I wish there was a Wayland/Mir hybrid display server that has dual compatibility. In fact, I heard something like that I while back from one user on here. I'll post what he told me if I can dig it up from the depths of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ssam View Post
    I think they will be conservative with most things. They want to roll it out to millions of non-techies and not have issues. The only place i imagine them trying to be cutting edge would be bits that they know very well, for example graphics drivers.
    True. I always find it frustrating knowing how technically impaired the average gamer is :/

I still get messages from random people asking me dumb tech questions such as "Y cant my video drive display my game?" Oy vey.
    Last edited by King Dude; September 24th, 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12