Thread: Getting commercial apps into the commercial repository

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Getting commercial apps into the commercial repository

As I'm sure many people of heard, IBM has announced a full fledged Lotus Notes client for linux
    (If you haven't heard, see this: http://www.google.com/news?hl=en&ned...nG=Search+News )

This is set to be released on the 24th, I'm guessing in rpm format. Hopefully, this should easily be converted via alien. Now what are the odds that we can get something like this into the commercial repository that currently contains opera and realplayer? My understanding is that you can use this provided you have a license for Notes from windows at no additional costs to your company. Perhaps some sort of dpkg post configuration, asking for some sort of proof of owning of licenship I think would do.

I'm pushing for my company to adopt linux on workstations -particularly Ubuntu. We currently have several servers running centos that we VNC into as needed, but adoption for workstation use has several hoops to go through. Notes is definately one of them.

Beans

Re: Getting commercial apps into the commercial repository

if you install it and get connection to Domino servers at the office, please post your experience as end user