Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steam Universe Is Expanding In 2014 - SteamBox?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: The Steam Universe Is Expanding In 2014 - SteamBox?

Quote Originally Posted by dmn_clown View Post
    No, no they won't and no it won't. There is absolutely no reason to spend money to port anything to linux when the SteamBox can stream from the Windows client.
    You're kidding me, right? You do know that new games are actually coming to SteamOS/Linux, right?

:facepalm: Developers need stable ABIs and APIs to develop against, that "quick development pace" is the problem.
    Oh, you're one of those guys. :/
    Last edited by King Dude; September 24th, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Beans

Honestly not looking forward to this, sure, I'm excited to see far more games ported and made for linux (because as we all know, its a far more superior OS) but as for having steam be a console, no thanks. I have steam specifically to play on a computer and not off my big flat screen with a controler. I can just sense the number of 10 y/o's rushing to the store with their parents to get a steambox..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by goobergola View Post
    I can just sense the number of 10 y/o's rushing to the store with their parents to get a steambox..
    Steam's market is hardcore PC gamers (age group of 15 to, let's say, 45).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

So testers will be given a free machine? Unbelievable, hence I should buy some controller... What means play in big picture? Play on a TV?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by goobergola View Post
    Honestly not looking forward to this, sure, I'm excited to see far more games ported and made for linux (because as we all know, its a far more superior OS) but as for having steam be a console, no thanks. I have steam specifically to play on a computer and not off my big flat screen with a controler. I can just sense the number of 10 y/o's rushing to the store with their parents to get a steambox..
    But the beauty of it is that it can be a console OR a computer. Either way, it outperforms the competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12