Thread: New forum login and redirect

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

New forum login and redirect

Ok, this hacked-forums thing was bad. And the new security that's in place looks much better. Great.

However, login redirection 101: after logging in you should redirect the user back to the page where they requested login and not the top of the forums.

Seriously, this is a juvenile mistake. It makes you look bad. Granted not as bad as getting hacked but you understand.
    "We're all in this together, kid." --H. Tuttle (a.k.a. H. Buttle)
    "Maybe it's a layer 8 problem." --thatguruguy
    A High-Tech Blech!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: New forum login and redirect

We are well aware of the problem, and if you'd been a little more polite, we would have answered your post a little sooner.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I didn't realize I needed a lesson in politeness. Do you have any books out on the subject?
    "We're all in this together, kid." --H. Tuttle (a.k.a. H. Buttle)
    "Maybe it's a layer 8 problem." --thatguruguy
    A High-Tech Blech!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

From the forum Code of Conduct:

The purpose of the Ubuntu Forums is to provide support for Ubuntu. We also want this to be a place where community can develop and we can enjoy one another's company. To achieve this, we strive to maintain an atmosphere that can be enjoyed by all and we ask all members of the community to be respectful at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with respect. If you do this, the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    We are well aware of the problem
    So... a couple of months after the changeover... any chance of a fix for this? It's kind of a show-stopper for me personally... I have a particular search with specific criteria bookmarked (basically to look for new posts in specific forums of interest, rather than all the 'gossip' forums) that I used to be able to click *once* and have it in my browser window. Now I have to wade thru the SSO stuff... and then load the link *again* just to get to where I want to be. I know my usage of the forum has dropped considerably as a result.

Thanks,

Monte

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

vBulletin was never designed with SSO in mind, so it takes quite a bit of effort from several fronts to get things back to working the way it should. We, (the Forum staff) have no control over how long it will take.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks for the reply!