Thread: Email clients?

Beans

Email clients?

So the Gmail client works (kindof). But what about other email clients - like a POP or IMAP client? I can't find one on the "recommended" applications list. Are there any?

And is the "recommended applications" list the only other applications available for Ubuntu touch? Isn't there an app store where I can search, and sort, and has categories of apps, etc? Where can I find more applications?

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Email clients?

Welcome to the forums!

Thunderbird is the default mail application that ships with Ubuntu. (As of 11.10) It has support for POP and IMAP.

Email Clients -- Ubuntu Wiki

I found this list on the Ubuntu Wiki but I'm not sure if its what you are looking for.

Touch/Collection -- Ubuntu Wiki

Hope that helps!
    ~Caboose
    UA Team Member
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss
    "No man has ever seen his dreams fulfilled and regretted the sacrifice necessary to fulfill them" -- Mattie Montgomery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Email clients?

An app store for a Ubuntu phone/tablet? Why of course

http://developer.ubuntu.com/2013/08/...n-for-testing/

But it will need apps.

http://developer.ubuntu.com/showdown/

One of the things I like about Ubuntu is that there is always space left for those who are not paid employees to contribute. Anyone wishing to develop for Ubuntu Touch can use a Software Development Kit (SDK) provided for such a purpose.

But you cannot have what is not yet available. Sorry. After all, Ubuntu Touch is still developer pre-view.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530