Thread: League of Legends on ubuntu not working please help

Beans

League of Legends on ubuntu not working please help

Hey guys,

I have recently had a problem with this program called league of legends which is a game that i enjoy playing.
    I am new ubuntu user using the system 76 pangolin performance Pan-5 (acquired from my older cousin) i want to play
    league of legends but have difficulty playing it on this system now. i had set it up once and it was working fine but now
    it doesn't work anymore. i am only 17 years old and dont have alot of computer experience. i am asking if there is a way
    for me to play league of legends on my laptop. i have already tried wine and it worked before, but i re installed ubuntu 12.10
    and now it is not working. i need a way to play this game. Can i dual boot windows 7 (which i don't know how to do). I have been
    lingering over this problem for a long time without any valid results please help me it would mean the world to me.

Thanks for the help,

Danny

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: League of Legends on ubuntu not working please help

Hey there Danny,

LoL is a brilliant game! I've had a quick dig around for you and it seems appDB has a pretty extensive HOWTO for running LoL under Wine.

Have a little look here - the steps are pretty straight-forward, but if you do get stuck anywhere, I'll be more than happy to lend you a hand

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

I realize that you have a System76 system, but this is really a wine question. Moving this thread to the Wine subforum.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SamTarling View Post
    Hey there Danny,

LoL is a brilliant game! I've had a quick dig around for you and it seems appDB has a pretty extensive HOWTO for running LoL under Wine.

Have a little look here - the steps are pretty straight-forward, but if you do get stuck anywhere, I'll be more than happy to lend you a hand
    Thanks you seem like a really nice guy. i will try out the method and see if it works, if not is there a way for you to create a video guide or a written guide that can
    be understood by noobies like me? thanks for helping me by the way

Beans

Ya that method is a bit hard for me do u have any easier methods?

Beans

I've started a thread dedicated to the PlayOnLinux method that I'm using that seems to be the most success so far. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2175891