Thread: [Saucy] Theme issues (Firefox, Thunderbird, Chromium)

Beans

[Saucy] Theme issues (Firefox, Thunderbird, Chromium)

Hi,
    Since a few days, on my Ubuntu 13.10 (clean install),Firefox, Thunderbird and Chromium are not using the system theme anymore (Ambiance). They are grey, windows 95 like.
    Gnome apps, however, work fine, except some of them showing a menu bar (which should not happen...).
    I'm using stock Unity from the official repositoy.
    I suspect an update broke something regarding theme settings, but I really don't see where to start...

Any help ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: [Saucy] Theme issues (Firefox, Thunderbird, Chromium)

Quote Originally Posted by NepenthesXD View Post
    Hi,
    Since a few days, on my Ubuntu 13.10 (clean install),Firefox, Thunderbird and Chromium are not using the system theme anymore (Ambiance). They are grey, windows 95 like.
    Gnome apps, however, work fine, except some of them showing a menu bar (which should not happen...).
    I'm using stock Unity from the official repositoy.
    I suspect an update broke something regarding theme settings, but I really don't see where to start...

Any help ?
    Hello and Welcome,

First of all, you need to understand that you are using a non-stable version which is not suitable for day-to-day use:
    http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2013/09/06/...ta-1-released/

If you know this already, then are you using this installation for testing? I mean, helping with testing? or daily usage (as you are fan of non-stable/development releases)?

If you are using this to help with testing, I'd suggest to download and install the latest daily build.

If you are not helping with testing, try to update your system and see if that will make any difference.

If you need more information or have more Qs, please ask!

Thank you