Thread: Would like to use old account

Beans

Would like to use old account

Previously I was user topcat5 http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=71872

I was unable to re-register with my old email because I've had that ID since 2006 and don't remember the one it was setup on. Is there any other way to regain access to this account? Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Would like to use old account

Quote Originally Posted by topcat52 View Post
    Previously I was user topcat5 http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=71872

I was unable to re-register with my old email because I've had that ID since 2006 and don't remember the one it was setup on. Is there any other way to regain access to this account? Thanks.
    The email currently registered to the topcat5 account is a mailinator one. I've sent an info email to the mailinator address and after a few minutes have not yet received a mail delivery failure notice so it may still be active, despite being a disposable email.

We need you to prove that you are the owner of the old account as a security check before allowing you access to it. If you can't remember the exact mailinator address, there are a couple of other pieces of information which may help. The topcat5 account was set up with a gmail before the email was changed to the mailinator one. Also, the date of birth field was filled in and this is not visible publicly. PM me with either the mailinator address, or the gmail, or the date of birth (for confidentiality) and we'll take it from there.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.