Hi all,

Just bought a secondhand Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch, model 661/s. Plugged it in to my 12.04 LTS laptop and, voila, it just works! For clarity, I am running a minimal install with xfce4 as desktop environment and just the apps I like/need/want.

So I have been hunting high and low for a Linux configuration GUI for the Bamboo, but not finding. Yep, I could spend some hours that I can't afford to on nutting out how to do it with /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d but a simple GUI is what I need right now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm kind of enjoying using the touch function to navigate but am getting a bit of a headache from the learning curve. I have never used a touch device before (ok, call me old-fashioned) so the taps and gestures are all new. But I'm getting there and can see how it could speed things up ... eventually, when the muscle memory kicks in (let's not debate the existence or non- of muscle memory, that would be off-topic).

When I've got more time I'll delve into using the pen and doing some graphics stuff (it worked straight up with Gimp and everything else I've tried, I love Ubuntu), but for now, a config GUI, anyone?

Cheers and tnx in advance ...