Thread: User since 2005

Beans

Angry User since 2005

The restrictions on the new sso logins are an insult to veteran Ubuntu users in my opinion. My posts now list my full name rather than my username and I no ability to edit this or any other profile setting. Please cancel all my Ubuntu associated accounts.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: User since 2005

What is really insulting to the veteran forum users who have offered their free time voluntarily to be staff members in order to help keep the forum running, are those people who log into the forum via SSO without bothering to read this notice which links to this sticky:

The prelogin notice is difficult to miss. The title reads, "Login has changed. Please read BEFORE logging in!" in very large red letters, except that you clearly didn't. The creation of a forum username based on the Ubuntu One name for new accounts is clearly explained in the linked sticky. We even go so far as to say:

Please choose an Ubuntu One account username that you are comfortable with. Some people prefer not to use their real name on a forum, and a nickname is quite acceptable.
    You failed to match your Ubuntu One email with your old forum account email, and that is why the system created a new account - again, all explained in the sticky.

I can restore you to your old 2005 account if you are prepared to calm down and post politely. You also need to read this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164369

Or if you do want your old forum account disabled, I can do that but you will have to identify it.

If you want other Ubuntu associated accounts cancelled then you will have to contact the admins for those websites. They are nothing to do with us. Neither do we administer Ubuntu One SSO.

loginhaschanged.jpg
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I have disabled this account.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

A simple request to help re-activate your old account could have yielded a much more positive result. Ordinarily, your original account simply has a different email account than you remember. We have dozens hundreds of similar incidents. We manage to connect almost all of them. Best of luck in your future endeavors...
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net