Thread: Need to install wine1.3, wine1.4 keeps trying to install.

Beans

Need to install wine1.3, wine1.4 keeps trying to install.

I need to install wine1.3 to launch the WoW client, but every time I try, 1.4 just lines right up to be installed. I know about the apt-cache showpkgs and apt-get install package=version, but I don't know what the exact syntax and everything that I tried didn't work. If someone could post the exact syntax, that'd be great, thanks! Arch=amd64.
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”
    James Joyce, Ulysses

Beans

Re: Need to install wine1.3, wine1.4 keeps trying to install.

Hello Panderz,

I'm sorry, but i don't think Wine 1.3 is supported/availble any more.

Why not install the newest Wine?
    "sudo apt-get update'. 'sudo apt-get install wine1.5'."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Moved to Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Panderz View Post
    I need to install wine1.3 to launch the WoW client, but every time I try, 1.4 just lines right up to be installed. I know about the apt-cache showpkgs and apt-get install package=version, but I don't know what the exact syntax and everything that I tried didn't work. If someone could post the exact syntax, that'd be great, thanks! Arch=amd64.
    Odd versions of wine are development versions and the even are stable. So the last version of 1.3 is 1.4 which for the most part stays pretty static (except for the odd minor fixes).

You didn't say what version of ubuntu you were using, as the newer versions don't have wine 1.3 available to them.
    Dell Latitude D630 - 4GB RAM - 128GB SSD - Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M - Intel 4965 wireless - DVD/CDRW - bluetooth - fingerprint reader