Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blank screen after booting (details in post)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Blank screen after booting (details in post)

hmm... Im pretty baffled. I found some articles saying your geforce card has issues with compatibility with the kernel but its not very frequent... I'll see what i can dig up, i have to go for now but i'll be subscribed to the thread and i'll keep working on it for you!

Hopefully someone else will come along too with some brighter light bulbs than i have so far!
    -CeejRab

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CeejRab View Post
    hmm... Im pretty baffled. I found some articles saying your geforce card has issues with compatibility with the kernel but its not very frequent... I'll see what i can dig up, i have to go for now but i'll be subscribed to the thread and i'll keep working on it for you!

Hopefully someone else will come along too with some brighter light bulbs than i have so far!
    Thanks a lot for your help! I really appreciate it. I'm taking a break from getting Ubuntu to work after having working on it for the past 9 hours, so my responses will not be as quick. I was also thinking maybe GTX 770 has issues with 12.04. I wish someone with this setup (GTX 770 with 12.04) would pitch in with their opinions. Perhaps I need 13.04 for this to work (which I really dont want to install). But that will be a last resort though.
    Custom Build:
    Windows 10 and Kubuntu 18.04

Beans

I gave in and installed 13.04 amd64 and everything just worked. It is sad that I couldnt get the system to work with 12.04 LTS which I thought would also support new hardware. Oh well.
    Custom Build:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

That is very sad... Maybe it will be fixed by the time 13.04 expires in a few months and you can get back to what you wanted with the LTS release!

Im sorry I couldn't help you much, its obviously something in the kernel/xorg/driver settings that works fine from the LiveCD but doesn't like being installed on your hardware setup. I enjoyed trying though, thanks for the screenshots and patience.

All the best with your setup, its an awesome machine!

God bless

PS: better change your distro in your profile from precise pangolin to 13.04 lol
    -CeejRab

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CeejRab View Post
    That is very sad... Maybe it will be fixed by the time 13.04 expires in a few months and you can get back to what you wanted with the LTS release!

Im sorry I couldn't help you much, its obviously something in the kernel/xorg/driver settings that works fine from the LiveCD but doesn't like being installed on your hardware setup. I enjoyed trying though, thanks for the screenshots and patience.

All the best with your setup, its an awesome machine!

God bless

PS: better change your distro in your profile from precise pangolin to 13.04 lol
    Thank you for sticking with me as well. I really appreciate your help. To be honest, I am starting to like 13.04 a bit, although the first thing I did is uninstall a bunch bloatware crap it came with that i don't need and will never use. It sucks that this is only supported till January 2014.
    Custom Build:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345