Thread: Call of Duty

Beans

Question Call of Duty

Please help. Please read fully.

1. I have this old 32-bit laptop where both Windows and Ubuntu 12.04 are installed together.

2. I desperately want to play the game 'Call of duty-1' on Ubuntu but despite trying it with Wine and PlayOnLinux, it's not working. Opening with Wine shows some message implying there's some problem with 'Video card'. PlayOnLinux asks for too many Windows-related files to be downloaded for installing/executing the game.

3. Most importantly, do I have to have Windows pre-installed alongside Ubuntu in order to play this game - I'm asking because my version of Windows may be really outdated and maybe the one causing the problem then? Or, is it that this game can be played even without Windows installed?

I'm a history guy, so please don't get too technical with your words. Thanks.

Beans

Re: Can you please help a poor, nostalgic guy (Games)

Boot Windows, and run CoD from there ...

Beans

Re: Can you please help a poor, nostalgic guy (Games)

Quote Originally Posted by sanderj View Post
    Boot Windows, and run CoD from there ...
    For some reason my Windows OS freezes as soon as I start it up and I've lost its CD/license. In fact, I installed Ubuntu because of that problem and surprisingly enough for me Ubuntu recovered my data drives from Windows (including one containing Windows and computer files) which I can use on Ubuntu OS.

EDIT: It was all about Video-drivers problems. I have given up trying to play the game.
    Last edited by britsin; September 18th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.