Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Fix for making bootable Ubuntu Live USB with persistence using Unetbootin on a Mac

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Fix for making bootable Ubuntu Live USB with persistence using Unetbootin on a Ma

Yes it should have remembered that text file. It seems that persistence is not working there.

Jwgsub
    See your private message inbox regarding your earlier questions.
    Not much help I'm afraid for you.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans

Re: Fix for making bootable Ubuntu Live USB with persistence using Unetbootin on a Ma

Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Good luck!
    Hi Quackers,

Thank you very much for such a detailed tutorial. You're indeed such a wonderful and humble human being. I don't know if you're still maintaining this thread or not, but i'm giving it a try here while quoting your original post.

I'm new to this forum (even to Linux OS), and I followed your tutorial bit-by-bit to install Ubuntu 14.10 on MBP 5,2 (Mid 2009 Model). Everything goes okay, but as soon as I select ''Try Ubuntu without Installing", I got the following error,

I force Shut Down MBP, and went for a second try... now this time it went past the first error, and end up with the following,

Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong, or is it that my machine is not compatible?

Regards
    Asim
    Last edited by asim3; March 24th, 2015 at 06:42 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi Asim, it maybe that the hardware you're using is too old for that version of Ubuntu.
    The second screenshot shows a kernel panic, probably due to the nouveau video driver.
    When you get to that stage next time try using a boot prompt. Sadly I work away all week and have no links with me. Perhaps you could google the boot prompts available for video problems and see if you can get it to boot that way.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful.

You could possibly try an older version of Ubuntu, say a. Erosion issued a year or so after your hardware was new.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans

I finally got the drive working all the way! Thanks so much for all the instructions!

-Jeremy
    Last edited by jwgsub; June 1st, 2015 at 01:39 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213