Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    9

    Exclamation Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    This is my first time trying to install Ubuntu on my Acer Aspire one Netbook. It currently has No OS.

    I downloaded Ubuntu from the Site, Then mounted the ISO onto a usb using unetbootin. Once I booted into my USB stick, my screen changed to show the BIOS settings, Copyright, and Build number.

    I've left it on this screen for 10+ Minutes, and nothing changes. Did I possibly download the wrong type? I downloaded the latest version.

    Any help is Appreciated.

    In other due to No "Ubuntu" Prefix.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Beans
    32
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    Hello,
    Have you downloaded the 32 bit iso? Also, what you describe does not seem like your system has loaded the image. Try rebooting and booting from the usb stick again.

    Jspike397

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    9

    Re: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    Quote Originally Posted by jspike397 View Post
    Hello,
    Have you downloaded the 32 bit iso? Also, what you describe does not seem like your system has loaded the image. Try rebooting and booting from the usb stick again.

    Jspike397
    I'm currently using the 32 bit is, I've rebooted and tried multiple USB sticks. Nothing wants to work.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    102
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexysmexy View Post
    I'm currently using the 32 bit is, I've rebooted and tried multiple USB sticks. Nothing wants to work.
    Forgive my ignorance, but does that laptop have a CD drive?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    9

    Re: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    Quote Originally Posted by will1982 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but does that laptop have a CD drive?
    Sadly it does not, It would be so much easier if it did..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    102
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexysmexy View Post
    Sadly it does not, It would be so much easier if it did..
    Ah yes, any computer I've tried didn't work on USB either.
    I actually had to buy the superdrive or whatever to install it on my Macbook

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Beans
    143
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexysmexy View Post
    I downloaded Ubuntu from the Site, Then mounted the ISO onto a usb using unetbootin. Once I booted into my USB stick, my screen changed to show the BIOS settings, Copyright, and Build number.

    I've left it on this screen for 10+ Minutes, and nothing changes. Did I possibly download the wrong type? I downloaded the latest version.
    Hi Rexysmexy.

    When you attempt to install, is the computer hanging on the computer's BIOS screen or the Ubuntu installation screen. If it's the BIOS screen, your comptuer has not yet booted the USB stick/Ubuntu install.

    Please clarify so people can better assist.

    mardybear

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    9

    Re: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    Quote Originally Posted by will1982 View Post
    Ah yes, any computer I've tried didn't work on USB either.
    I actually had to buy the superdrive or whatever to install it on my Macbook
    I'll have to do that if there aren't any work arounds.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    9

    Re: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    Quote Originally Posted by mardybear View Post
    Hi Rexysmexy.

    When you attempt to install, is the computer hanging on the computer's BIOS screen or the Ubuntu installation screen. If it's the BIOS screen, your comptuer has not yet booted the USB stick/Ubuntu install.

    Please clarify so people can better assist.

    mardybear
    Its the BIOS screen. Nothing works after many attempts

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Beans
    32
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Ubuntu on Acer Netbook.

    If that is the case, go into the bios settings and somewhere, it depends on the computer, there should be a setting that says boot order. Switch option 2 to your hard drive and switch option 1 to your USB stick. Also there should be a place to select a boot selection popup window, or that is what my ASUS netbook calls it. A boot selection popup window is a option to select a boot device. That will definitively work if you can find it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •