Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torrent program with a lot of statistics

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Torrent program with a lot of statistics

Quote Originally Posted by Christian_Rabideau View Post
    i believe that guide provides commands for viewing download/upload rates etc... you may have to use the gui in order to see manifold amounts of stats. Its a little much to view in a terminal anyway. i'll check into it though and see what i can find!
    Thank you man...

Beans
    Distro

no problem, heres some more info for you...

a bunch of different torrent clients, but the top one is of course transmission. Heres the link to all the options..

http://askubuntu.com/questions/65387...-in-a-terminal

rTorrent may be good for your situation...

http://harbhag.wordpress.com/2010/06...ux-like-a-pro/
    Last edited by CeejRab; September 15th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
    -CeejRab

Beans
    Distro

PS: 100 separate folders youre torrenting? is it possible to put them all into an arhcive? that would be much faster and more convenient unless youre trying to torrent to different locations....
    I have a big problem with those 100 folder (i think they will increase to 400-500 folders), i think we are going to discuss my problem are you ready ?

i can't put them into an archive because a person wants one of them but not all...

Beans
    Distro

hmm... Thats insane! Could you archive them into clusters of who needs what? Like, say you have a thousand folders (ohmy!) and four people who want only certain folders. One wants one folder, another person wants 500 folders, and another person wants 300 folders, and another wants 199 folders. Could you clump them into archives that way? So as to send each person an archive containing the folders they want?

Im pretty puzzled in the first place as to how you could possibly be torrenting hundreds of folders, not just files, folders of files! lol!
    -CeejRab

Beans
    Distro

hmm... Thats insane! Could you archive them into clusters of who needs what? Like, say you have a thousand folders (ohmy!) and four people who want only certain folders. One wants one folder, another person wants 500 folders, and another person wants 300 folders, and another wants 199 folders. Could you clump them into archives that way? So as to send each person an archive containing the folders they want?

Im pretty puzzled in the first place as to how you could possibly be torrenting hundreds of folders, not just files, folders of files! lol!
    In fact i don't know who want that and who want this !!!!Also in fact i did't tell you about my problem,that's not my problem

Beans
    Distro

oh... Then how about making a free dropbox account, uploading everything there in a shared folder, and the people who want things can choose what they need from it?

If you have further assistance requests, let us know.
    -CeejRab

Beans
    Distro

oh... Then how about making a free dropbox account, uploading everything there in a shared folder, and the people who want things can choose what they need from it?

If you have further assistance requests, let us know.
    My files's size is about 1.2TB Dropbox can't serve this unless with a paid service....

Beans
    Distro

transmission rtorrent deluge bittornado ctorrent are torrent programs with comman-line but i'm trying to know which has my stats...Do you have a suggestion ?

Beans
    Distro

1.2 TB oh dear thats a problem alright. Sorry, i cant help you much there!

i would go with rtorrent... Its really up to personal preference at this point because only you can decide if the stats it provides are enough for you or not
    -CeejRab

Beans

What on earth are you torrenting that requires that many folders? lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast