Thread: Firefox web history import

Beans

Firefox web history import

Having installed the add-on History Export there seems no equivelent add-on History Import ?
    I'm building a list of favourite music. Putting the name of the band into the Firefox Search History field
    saves replaying past tunes that have been rejected and there are millions available nowadays.
    So being able to import the web history is going to save a lot of time when Ubuntu gets upgraded every 6 months.
    Can it be imported or what else could be done ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Firefox web history import

Maybe you could setup a profile sync in Firefox (Tools -> Set up sync) or sync your Firefox profile folder in U1?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I never thought that anyone actually enables web history on browsers. It's one of the first things that I disable...
    Thinkpad T430, Intel i5-3320M (Ivy), 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4000, 500GB HDD: Xubuntu 20.04 LTS 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by zer010 View Post
    I never thought that anyone actually enables web history on browsers. It's one of the first things that I disable...
    Since the invention of the private browsing mode I just keep the history It's very handy to retrieve, for example, interesting articles you read but forgot to bookmark. The search is quite poweful. It's also a great alternative to bookmarks for frequently visited sites. Like the Unity dash you only need to type a few letters. Just typing "u" + enter in Firefox bringst me to Ubuntuforums.org because of the browser history.

Beans

Thanks kostkon, by registering with sync then going to Firefox>Edit>Preferences>Sync>Manage Account>Reset Sync...
    it looks like Search History data and other things too could be imported, with the security of encryption too.
    Long term usage might produce data quota problems so searching an Exported History plain text file
    for relevent results and then saving those only might be a longer term if less elegant solution.
    Last edited by Jonor; September 14th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.