Thread: Free cloud server

Beans
    Hidden!

Free cloud server

Is anybody aware of a free cloud server provider? I have looked around, but not finding what I'm looking for.

I just want a simple server for running small scripts, and don't need much for resources. Small RAM, ok. Weak processor, ok. Minimal disk space, ok. AWS offers a free year, but I don't want to deal with something for a year only to set it up again somewhere else in 12 months.

The only requirement, is that it needs to be *nix, ideally Ubuntu or Debian.

Let me know if you've come across anything.

Thanks!
    LD
    17e0622bbe9bb1f8a5cc231ed260447a

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: Free cloud server

If you don't find anything for free, have a search for cheap virtual private servers (VPS).

Beans

Re: Free cloud server

You might be able to get by with something from with the free option from 000webhost: http://www.000webhost.com/features. It's not a full server, but you can run php scripts and create cron jobs.

Otherwise, take a look at lowendbox.com. I wrote about my experience here: Alternatives to the Big VPS Companies

I'm using a company called called BlueVM (disclaimer: that's an affiliate link). I have a 4-core, 1GB RAM, 50GB storage VPS with them for $25/year - it was a sale I found on lowendbox.com.