Thread: Posting links

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Posting links

I posted a note that I thought would interest people here for possible inclusion in Ubuntu Christian Edition on a browser start page.

(The links were to Bible and theology resources.)

My message was deleted as spam.

So let me ask:

Is there an appropriate way to post Bible and theology weblinks that could offer something to Ubuntu Christian Edition users?

Or are multiple links automatically treated as spam?
    Jonathan Hayward, jonathan.hayward@pobox.com
    I invite you to visit my website, Jonathan's Corner: Read Books Online Free!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Posting links

Is it OK if I post Bible and theology links one per week?

I offered in the deleted post to help set up a start page and/or portal; right now Chrome starts with its own unadorned default page.

Would some sort of portal be helpful? There are a few different portals I could set up that would have forums and the like if such features were installed, as well as a collection of handy links.

I hope this message isn't seen as intrusion; I tried to pack as much useful material as I could into one post, and I wonder if someone saw the multiple links, didn't look to see they were all Christian Bible and theology links, and treated it as spam.
    Jonathan Hayward, jonathan.hayward@pobox.com
    I invite you to visit my website, Jonathan's Corner: Read Books Online Free!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

This forum is for support of the software - it is not a place to post any links to anything other than that.

The Code of Conduct applies here as well as elsewhere

Religion: This is a forbidden topic forum wide. Please find another venue to exercise your freedom of speech on this topic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanhayward View Post
    Is there an appropriate way to post Bible and theology weblinks that could offer something to Ubuntu Christian Edition users?
    Construct an extension for Firefox, Chrome, etc, that automatically configures the browser to display the links on the start page. Place that extension on the respective extension page, and then announce its availability here.

When Ubuntu Christian Edition was first released, Firefox came with bookmarks to various Christian sites, and a Christian orientated theme. Perhaps your proposal could be included in the 15.3 release of UCE. (I am assuming that it is too late for the 13.10 release.)

My message was deleted as spam.
    With a religiously oriented distro, the line between software and the underlying theology becomes extremely thin. As a general rule of thumb, the mods delete posts which are on the software side of that line, but could be interpreted as being religious in nature.

jonathon
    And now I bend the knee of my heart,
    Imploring you for your kindness.