Thread: Startup graphics process at login on desktop

Beans

Startup graphics process at login on desktop

I have 2 processes that display and capture the output from cameras attached to an Ubuntu 12.04 box. When that box is powered on, it needs to run both of these programs. However, when I log into the system remotely to check on the data capture process (the usual method for accessing the machine), I do not want additional copies of the capture process spawned. Furthermore, the programs were both written such that they need to open up X-windows and display images. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can best accomplish this?

My original idea had been to set the process as a "Startup Application" and then just have the system auto-login to the right account, but this doesn't work. While the auto-login works fine, the autostartup link is not opening any programs. So, right now, I still have to startup the programs by hand at the actual computer.

Thank you in advance.
    Eric

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Startup graphics process at login on desktop

Quote Originally Posted by eric22 View Post
    ........While the auto-login works fine, the autostartup link is not opening any programs. So, right now, I still have to startup the programs by hand at the actual computer.
    Then you have not created the correct link.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way