Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

/run/resolvconf/interface/eth0.*

Which files are „responsible“ for generating following files:
    /run/resolvconf/interface/eth0.dhclient
    /run/resolvconf/interface/eth0.inet
    ...?
    I have some relict dns-namesrvers which propagate into this files even though I've cleaned all the places I could think of...
    Yes, I've made /etc/resolv.conf, for makeshift sake, static, not a symlink, in order to curcumvent this trouble, but I would like to learn how to remove these relicts from my machine...
    Thank You in advance for any hint...

Update₁: Simply erasure of files mentioned above through proper instutions of system (via resolvconf and couple of tweks in the meantime) did not propagate before/after reboot... Still having „static“ resolv.conf, chasing atavisms that could come, even, from IP... We will see...

Update₂: Now it is solved... Two solutions:
    1. Proper configuring of dnsmasq (turn off uso of resolvconf in dnsmasq and put wanted nemservers directly in dnsmasq. I've been using this befor lar install and I can not remember why I gave it up to use resolvsonf...)...

and/or

Code:
    echo "manual" | sudo tee /etc/init/resolv.override
    Update₃: There is a third solution that I like most... Prevent only refresh of /etc/resolv.conf... My question about atavisms still stand but it will wait for better tims... Ergo:
    Code:
    :~$ cat /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-enter-hooks.d/nodnsupdate 
    #!/bin/sh
    make_resolv_conf(){
        :
    }
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/dhclien...olvconf-hooks/
    Last edited by zika; September 16th, 2013 at 12:33 PM.