Thread: MSI Afterburner

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

MSI Afterburner

Hey guys! Is it possible to install MSI Afterburner on Ubuntu 13.04? If so, how?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: MSI Afterburner

Hello!

Unfortunately, I highly doubt there is a Linux version. The Windows version would be an .exe and wouldn't run in Linux. I did a quick google and read a few things that ended abruptly with "No, you are out of luck". But I didn't look terribly hard, so that doesn't mean something couldn't be found. You have to understand that with a 2% market share, the amount of resources an OEM is going to commit to Linux is small. They'd have to put as much money and time into a Linux version as Windows, and that wouldn't make much business sense.

You can probably make all the same changes in your BIOS/EFI settings, but that isn't as convenient at the on-the-fly functionality.

It may be that there are ways to make adjustments using Linux utilities depending on what you want to change. What did you want to be able to do?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

At the moment I really just want to control my GPU fan speeds. It's an MSI GTX 660Ti OC edition. I do my gaming on windows but I still like to have that fan control as I am contemplating having some games in Ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Can you control fan speed manually more efficiently than the OEM has designed to work automatically?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.