Thread: Keyboard input lag with 13.04 on MacBookPro 10,2

Beans

Keyboard input lag with 13.04 on MacBookPro 10,2

Hi all,

I have recently installed 13.04 on MacBookPro retina (10,2). Seems to be working a treat after a few hiccups failing to get 12.04 working reasonably well.

However, the internal keyboard is incredibly laggy, dropping keystrokes etc unless typing v...e...r...y....s...l...o...w...l...y! You get the picture. Works fine with a usb-attached external keyboard (Logitech K120). This works fine for when I'm at my desk, but not ideal for on the move!

Any ideas why or how to make a start on diagnosing?

Thanks, daz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Keyboard input lag with 13.04 on MacBookPro 10,2

Not really, I'm afraid.
    I have a MBPr 10,1 and in my first 13-04 installation I would be typing a post and then the cursor would jump to somewhere in the text that was miles away. If I didn't immediately notice I would make a huge mess of my post.
    No lag was particularly apparent though.

In my most recent Ubuntu installation (the 3rd) things seem to be fine.

I would ask though whether you selected the Macintosh version of keyboard in the settings (English UK - Macintosh / English US - Macintosh etc etc)?
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans

Thanks for the response Quackers. That is quite strange - was there any differences in configuaration / etc. between the installs?

Does changing the keyboard in settings actually change the driver or just the key-mappings? I've tried putting English UK - Macintosh and similar but doesn't fix the lag issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

There were no differences between the installations but I had changed some settings in that first one.
    I would think it's the key-mappings but that's just a guess.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina