Thread: Lost old account due to incorrect email

Beans

Lost old account due to incorrect email

I was previously registered as Makaze. I signed up with a new email assuming that I used it for my old one, but apparently not. I tried creating another account after that. The accounts makaze3 and makaze3 are copies that I do not need.

You said you would PM me for confirmation. I will be waiting.

Beans

Re: Lost old account due to incorrect email

makaze2 and makaze3, apologies.

Why can't I edit my posts?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Why can't I edit my posts?
    This is the RC - no-one can edit posts.

So - which account do you think is your original one - makaze or makaze1 - I can see where the two new ones have come from.

You said you would PM me for confirmation. I will be waiting.
    Who did?

Regardless of that - I have disassociated this account. You need to change the e-mail at login.ubuntu.com to match the one we have here on the forum and as preferred, then you'll be able to login to your account.

Beans

The original account should have been just Makaze. Typing 'makaz' into the Username field on Advanced Search shows that an account named Makaze does exist because it comes up as an autocomplete suggestion, but searching for posts by my old account returns no results and I cannot view the list of members to search more directly. I hadn't created an SSO account yet. Maybe the threads got deleted when the forum changed. I don't know.

I don't know which email I used, but I can provide a list of my emails and can confirm that they are mine (aside from one that has been cancelled on the integrity.com domain). I can't tell what email I used for the account. That's why I kept trying, creating multiple accounts for each email. I figure it's faster to go through you guys than try all of them.

As for who said it: you did.

"For security reasons you must be able to prove you are the registrant of the old account. This is usually done by identifying the registered email address, which we will deal with via PM for confidentiality."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I sent an email to the address you used when you created your original account.