Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: binding subfolder on my /home/user/ to /opt/lampp/htdocs/newfolder help

Quote Originally Posted by jhay2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply for all you ..

@bab1

So i need to reinstall? Awts.. is there any other suggestion that no need to reinstall .. ? or is there any solution that can i make my home folder unencrypted without reinstalling?
    In my previous post I gave you both alternative strategies. Reinstall or replace the encrypted directory with a non-encrypted one. No magic bullets. If you reinstall you don't have to worry about mucking up your new unencrypted home directory location. This makes it the least amount of mental work on your part. If you know how to substitute one home directory for another this is the overall easiest method. All of this you have to do this as the root user. I would make all the changes using the terminal. The commands are direct and you can check your work easily. Every once in a while there are little inconsistencies when using GUI file managers.

These are the only choices I know of. Make sure you have backed up ALL OF YOUR DATA to a remote location (flash drive or external drive) before you do anything. This way if it all goes horribly wrong you still have the data and can reinstall everything
    @bucky
    What is the difference between sudo and gksudo?
    I'll answer this also. The difference is in the variables that are set for running a GUI application as root. Calling gksudo (or gksu) invokes sudo with GUI variables. Most of the time the user won't see the difference. But the bottom line is: you you should use the gksudo command when running a GUI app as the root user from the command line (CLI).
    -BAB1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: binding subfolder on my /home/user/ to /opt/lampp/htdocs/newfolder help

What's the contents of your /etc/fstab file? - make sure the bind line comes after any entry to mount /home as otherwise the source of the mount won't exist when it tries to mount it!

Re the encrypted partition - have you tried manually mounting it from the command line? If that works then encryption isn't an issue.
    Mark your thread as [SOLVED], use Thread Tools on forum page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12