Hello, everyone! I've dabbled a bit into the world of Linux a couple of times here and there, but I don't feel that I'm much more than an absolute beginner. So, I've got a couple of copies of Linux on hand. Mint and Elementary OS to be specific. Both of them boot just fine, and function - when I'm plugged into a monitor through my video card's DVI port (I have a MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III, if that helps). I assume the HDMI port would work as well, but I haven't been bothered to actually test it.

The problem I'm having, though, is that when I plug the system into my surround sound setup, where everything goes through my Harman Kardon AVR, the picture that shows up on the TV screen is just... a mess. It's broken, incorrect colors, and all around just bizarre and weird.

I have already:
- Tested it with another monitor (DVI rather than HDMI, though)
- Did a search for additional drivers (none)

I have not:
- Plugged the TV in directly through HDMI, bypassing the AVR (But I mean, if that were to work, that defeats the purpose of what I'm going for.)

Side note:
- Windows 8 has no problem with the AVR setup.

If anyone has any suggestions or insight as the what the heck is going on, I greatly appreciate it!