Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should i remove windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Should i remove windows?

you are right, if windows is useless (you dont use apps just for windows) just keep ubuntu on flash drive for security, it works. ubuntu is rarely a headache for you, different from windows.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ZoiaGuyver View Post
    If you have no use for Windows even a really out of the way use, then get rid of it.

The choice then is which way to go about the distribution. Now this is me personally, I keep one Ubuntu partition that always has the latest LTS release. Then another partition that is the up-to-date release which I use daily. A lot of people say they don't see the point in it, but to me, having maybe a 40g or so partition set aside that is there in case the sh*t does hit the fan with an LTS release that is normally always 100% reliable means I always have a way to get to my data one way or the other (they both use the same /home drive just two different user accounts).
    I installed the LTS on an external hard drive and keep it up to date. I can boot from it on my own or other computers when I am travelling. If for some reasons I need to replace the non LTS on my main computer I can just clone it and move it over. I got a 500G external hard drive costs for about $50 (it would probably be cheaper in other places). I use it for multiple tested OSes (other than Ubuntu LTS) and for backing up data.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Yeah I use the same with my main system (or well it has external drives), my desktop on the other hand is also the family machine, so having anything external on that for me is suicide (my nephews are a mini demolitions team). If anything can be pulled out easily it normally ends up in someones mouth or thrown around like a rag doll. Hence I keep as much as I can internal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123