Thread: ubuntu/pcduino/xbmc

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

ubuntu/pcduino/xbmc

I've set up a couple of media centers with xbmc running Raspberry Pi's, but I'm curious about the pcduino. Can you install full-blown ubuntu to it or is it some shrunk down version? How does xbmc perform on it compared to the Raspberry Pi? Using an external USB drive, can I have it boot from it and keep the OS there?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: ubuntu/pcduino/xbmc

No one? I was hoping someone here might know this since the pcduino can be loaded with ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I really am curious on this and really haven't found much neutral information. The pcduino is using a arm cortex a8 - like many phones and some tablets, and Ubuntu apparently runs on it. I don't recall seeing anything yet about a arm version of ubuntu being available (I've probably missed it). I'd also like a non-biased opinion on XBMC performance on the pcduino versus the Raspberry Pi.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Well, for me at least too much time has gone by and I don't want to spend my money on something that nobody seems to know about. With that in mind, I'll just buy another Pi.

So, to me at least, this is a moot point - open to debate, but nothing's going to come of it.

Beans

I was interested in the pcduino as well. I own several Pi's and I may buy the pcduino and try xbmcbuntu. Board seems to be but more powerful than the pi. If I do I will post the results.

Beans

Is there any update on this threat?, I'm trying to build a XBMC with pi or pcduino. I've been told that pi has trouble with 1080p and the image may stutter on the tv or pc steaming. But can't find information online about pcduino and xbmc. Im looking for the cheapest solution (not using an old pc).