Thread: transfering photos from Samsung Note II to desk top running Raring Ringtail

Beans

transfering photos from Samsung Note II to desk top running Raring Ringtail

Please help a complete noob with this. Remember, i'm a complete noob and thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: transfering photos from Samsung Note II to desk top running Raring Ringtail

I'm not familiar with the Note II. Does your desktop PC have Bluetooth capability? Does the Samsung? If so, Bluetooth could be one way to go. If you can get Dropbox running on the Samsung, that's another. There's always a way.
    In working with *nix...There be dragons. Newcomers: I recommend reading Linux is Not Windows (http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm) and The Linux Command Line (http://www.linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php) before beginning your quest for a better OS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: transfering photos from Samsung Note II to desk top running Raring Ringtail

With wifi connection you can use the Airdroid app which allows any web browser to connect to the Android device and transfer files etc. Airdroid is OS independant so you can use it from any OS.

1. Install Airdroid on the Note II via google play store
    2. Run airdroid - it will tell you a URL to type into your web browser on the PC
    3. Airdroid will prompt you when it sees the connection attempt - accept and the browser will display all sorts of goodies for accessing Note II or any android device.

You can also just plug in a USB cable and the Note II will mount under nautilus as a storage device. I think raring has the appropriate drivers for this.