Thread: My pointer is shaky

Beans

My pointer is shaky

Just installed Ubuntu 13.04 via disk to HP Pavillion g6. I think It's great but the pointer is a bit jittery and difficult to position accurately. Tried adjusting pointer speed in settings but that didn't work. Is there a way to adjust pointer sensitivity? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: My pointer is shaky

You could try fiddling around with the options in gpointing-device-settings. To install, open a terminal and use this:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gpointing-device-settings
    More in depth instructions here.
    Last edited by Drone4four; September 8th, 2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: grammar correction
    My rig:
    IBM Personal System/2 Model 30-286 - - Intel 80286 (16 bit) 10 Mhz - - 1MB DRAM - - Integrated VGA Display adapter
    1.44MB capacity Floppy Disk - - PS/2 keyboard (no mouse)

Beans

Re: My pointer is shaky

This post solved my touchpad problems: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1971259

Try increasing the values of Horizhysteresis and VertHysteresis in Terminal (copy and paste from the aforementioned thread):

synclient HorizHysteresis=72 (you can add whatever value you want to test the behavior of your touchpad, for me 72 is fine)
    synclient VertHysteresis=72 (you can add whatever value you want to test the behavior of your touchpad, for me 72 is fine)

If you want to make the change permanent, see the last comment in that thread.