Thread: how to run a script on startup in lubuntu

Beans

how to run a script on startup in lubuntu

hi everybody
    the thing is that I have some problems with lubuntu cause I have been trying to run a script automatically on start up by following the next tutorial http://www.alvarolara.com/2013/03/20...ion-en-ubuntu/ (just look at the commands cause the tutorial is in spanish) the thing is that it's not possible a I would lik to know whether I have to install any extra package

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: how to run a script on startup in lubuntu

It would help to know what the script is for and if it needs to be run as root, or if it needs the graphical environment to be running first in order to do what it is trying to. Please show the script file here in code tags by pasting the contents here in "Reply to Thread", then highlight entire file and click on # in edit panel(code tags) to make it easier to read.

There are various ways to add startup applications or scripts to Lubuntu but how to do so will depend on what you're trying to do with the script.

Beans

A related thread (startup scripts):
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2170820

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Why not use a simple method of "Startup Applications Preferences" and just add your script name, then browse to its location, then add.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

We still do not know what this script is intended to perform! If it normally requires sudo to run, using the normal startup-applications will not succeed, hence my first question to neyson-v.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by neyson-v View Post
    hi everybody
    the thing is that I have some problems with lubuntu cause I have been trying to run a script automatically on start up by following the next tutorial http://www.alvarolara.com/2013/03/20...ion-en-ubuntu/ (just look at the commands cause the tutorial is in spanish) the thing is that it's not possible a I would lik to know whether I have to install any extra package
    You are looking at a tutorial to run a script at boot as root, like ajgreeny says, are you sure you want to do that?

Or do you just want to start something up when you log in ?