Thread: OpenShot video editor problem

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

OpenShot video editor problem

Can add pics and transitions with no problem at all. However, when I add an audio file, I do not see the pics that are on that track any longer: they do not appear when previewing. I have tried adding the audio before the pics and after the pics installation, but whatever track I put the audio on, I can no longer see the pics on that track.

I can put music on one track and audio on the other and it works that way, but then I cannot do and effects when going from one pic to the next.

Any ideas?

Running Xubuntu 13.04 64 bit on quad core 3.0 w/8 gig ram.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: OpenShot video editor problem

I have done that, but probably it was in an earlier version. The audio tracks are 'transparent', they should not change the video at all.

example

Code:
    I==== picture 1 =======I                                  I=== picture 2 ==========I
                      I====== video clip 1 ==========================I
    I========== audio =================================================================I
    If that does not work, there is a bug, or you are doing something wrong. Are you sure the audio track is pure audio, not a track with a black or white screen video?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

From what you described, I'm guessing you didn't add another track that will hold the audio file. OpenShot defaults to two tracks when you create a new project. If you're adding an audio file that overlaps the pictures/transitions/whatever, put it in its own track.
    Give a man a ghoti, and he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to ghoti, and he'll eat for life.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Like this:
    The best things in life are free, so what are we paying for?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Or this (similar to sudodus'):

Last edited by Pinoy Tux; September 13th, 2013 at 02:32 AM.
    Give a man a ghoti, and he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to ghoti, and he'll eat for life.