Thread: Ubuntu One, registration deleted, hell re-registering

Beans

Ubuntu One, registration deleted, hell re-registering

I registered to use the Ubuntu Forums, when I came back a few months later Ubuntu One had been invented and my registration deleted, so on being asked to register for Ubuntu One the process goes through a chaotic journey of entering detail into a new but thankfully short registration form, re-entering when the detail simply wasn't recognised, and again and again, and even when past the 'get confirmation from your email address' stage, ubuntu confirmation asking to confirm and reconfirm email address, and when done the page refreshes and it asks again, and again etc etc. I notice that I'm logged in and try to click on any of the few other aparently available buttons but none of them work, except the log out button, which I did. Then logging in takes me here at long last. There were a few other frustrating moments within all that in the process. Why can't computers just be easy!

And why didn't Ubuntu just keep my original registration!

Ok fed up now

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Ubuntu One, registration deleted, hell re-registering

How could your registration be deleted if it shows you joined Feb 2013 and it is now September 2013?

It looks like the association between your UO ID and the Ubuntu Forums account was created, but you can have an admin check on it if you are worried.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I can't find any other accounts belonging to Utterlybewildered, all our records point to you having created your account on February 20, 2013, so it seems this is your original account. If you do have another account, could let us know what the user name is.

Beans

Thanks for the checkup guys, got no idea what all the registration trouble was all about, just that I couldn't sign in to the forums without going via the new sso route and it didn't recognise my email address or password so had to sign up again, same details, frustrating process, but all done now.