Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new login system

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The new login system

In this new login system, I'm redirected to the UbuntuOne page to log into Ubuntu Forums. That's cool. I like unified logins. But, if I change my password via the "settings" page on Ubuntu Forums, will that also change my password on UbuntuOne now?
    T

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: The new login system

Thread moved to Forum Feedback & Help.

To change your forum password - you would need to know what it currently is - you don't

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164064

* We randomised all user passwords in the Forums.
    However - we (mod team) have to use passwords to access the control panels, I've changed mine from the one IS gave me after they'd randomised. Changing the forum password has made no difference to the SSO one - which answers your question even if it doesn't affect you.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The forum password field for regular users has become irrelevant after the move to Ubuntu SSO I'm told. And the option itself will soon be removed.

Beans

Just curious--I'm now logged in with a new user name on UF even though Ubuntu One recognized me by my old user name. Did I do something wrong so that my accounts didn't merge? I was approaching 600 beans on my original account. Now I can't even see a Control Panel and access my friends and other data associated with it.

I have been away for a while due to personal issues as well as another software project involving another OS.

(This user name, djchandler2 was automatically assigned without requesting any input from me. The original account is djchandler.)
    Last edited by djchandler2; September 18th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by djchandler2 View Post
    Just curious--I'm now logged in with a new user name on UF even though Ubuntu One recognized me by my old user name. Did I do something wrong so that my accounts didn't merge? I was approaching 600 beans on my original account. Now I can't even see a Control Panel and access my friends and other data associated with it.

I have been away for a while due to personal issues as well as another software project involving another OS.

(This user name, djchandler2 was automatically assigned without requesting any input from me. The original account is djchandler.)
    The new login system matches up by email address rather than by user name. You might want to have a read of this and start a thread in the Resolution Centre.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.

Beans

It sucks -don't understand it at all and can't change my password

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by djchandler2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    The new login system matches up by email address rather than by user name. You might want to have a read of this and start a thread in the Resolution Centre.
    This.

You need to start a thread in Resolution Centre.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rick.reiter View Post
    It sucks -don't understand it at all and can't change my password
    https://login.ubuntu.com/

Beans

I've been away for a while too and just installed this again...I forgotten what emailed I had used and I closed that account if it's what I'm thinking and now I also get a new account. Ah screw it I won't bother trying. So now I have a question, I can't copy anything to my nas from Ubuntu 12.04LTS. It has been fine with windows. Also, where is the account delete for the sso? I'll delete this sso account and try again later. I did reset the permissions on the nas to see if that would help, but still nothing.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@jaimenow, you may want to have a look here with regards to deleting your SSO account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast