Thread: Please link my original account to Ubuntu One SSO

Beans

Please link my original account to Ubuntu One SSO

Hello Admins,

After logging now to ubuntuforums for the first time after implementing OpenID login, I lost my access to old account with username irfannp ( http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=870785 ) . I got a new account now with username irfannaseefp ( http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1857318. ) . I think this happened because my Emails where different . Could you please delete my new account and give back the access to irfannp profile.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your help!

Regards
    IRFAN NASEEF P

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Please link my original account to Ubuntu One SSO

You used to different email addresses, when you created your original account you used a yahoo.com address, and you set a gmail account as your preferred SSO account, If you change your SSO preferred account to the yahoo.com email address, you should be able to access your account.

BTW, the font formatting you used, makes it look like the links to your accounts are actually working links, when in actuality they are just coloured text, this lead to some confusion as to why they didn't work, and why it took a while to get around to answering your thread.

Beans

Thanks for the reply.

As I saw a note in Ubuntu forums, I changed my preferred mail back to yahoo.com in Ubuntu SSO . But the username cannot be edited. So i am not getting access back to the old account. Anything can be done ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by irfannaseefp View Post
    , I changed my preferred mail back to yahoo.com in Ubuntu SSO .
    That's all you need do. Forget the SSO username; it's irrelevant in this situation.

I've disassociated the irfannaseefp account from Ubuntu One. So long as the yahoo email in Ubuntu One is set as preferred, as you say, then if you log out and in again you should be returned to the older irfannp account.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.