Thread: SSO Login did not link previous account (different email), please re-link

Beans

SSO Login did not link previous account (different email), please re-link

I have an old UbuntuForums account (profile http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=853418 ) since 2009 and today I logged in for the first time using the new SSO system.

I used the SSO account I use in launchpad.net and Ubuntu Software Center, assuming the email would be the same as my old ubuntuforums account. My mistake, they weren't, and so the accounts were not linked, and this new "mestrelion2" ubuntuforums profile was created.

So, can you please link my SSO account with the correct (old) ubuntuforums profile? I still have access to the old email (you will notice the similarity), so identity proof will not be a problem.

After that, you can delete this new profile.

Looking forward to a painless resolution, and apologies for my mistake,
    MestreLion

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: SSO Login did not link previous account (different email), please re-link

Your email address uses the same domain, but different names, you used ubuntuforums in the email address for your original account, if you change your preferred SSO email address to that, you should be able to access your original account.

Beans

Thnaks for the fast reply!

Ok, but once I do that and the profile is linked, do I must keep the old email as my favorite SSO email? Or can I revert back to the original SSO email and ditch this old ubuntuforums email?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You should be able to change your email address once you have logged in via SSO, but there is a bug that is being worked on, so let one of us know, and we'll change your email address for you.