Thread: Can someone please verify a Thunar/tumbler issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Can someone please verify a Thunar/tumbler issue?

Can someone who has Thunar and tumbler installed, please download the pdf file discussed in Why do large PDFs take so long to load in Linux PDF viewers... ?

Once the file is downloaded, use Thunar to open the folder containing the downloaded file. Do you see high and prolonged increased CPU usage attributed to tumblerd?

I've been using Thunar for quite a while and didn't have any such problem before. I'm wondering if the downloaded pdf file is to "blame". Could it be because it's mainly a scalable graphic image? I doubt it's just the size of the file. I have quite a few much larger Full Circle pdf files as well. Tumbler didn't have problems with those or with the images in them.

I'll be looking at this a bit later, but for now, I ran sudo apt-get purge tumbler.
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Can someone please verify a Thunar/tumbler issue?

tumblerd seems to have a few problems when using thunar on my system as well.

If I attach a USB flash drive with images on it rhubarb opens as expected. If I then copy images from the USB or view any of them, I am unable to eject the flash drive before removal as tumblers id still active on it; I have to use a keyboard shortcut I have made for killall tumblerdbetore I am able to use eject.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    If I attach a USB flash drive with images on it ....
    What do you have for Thunar's Edit > Preferences > Show Thumbnails ? I've kept it as "Local Files Only". Would that help your situation?

Beans
    Hidden!

Not sure about that; I will check when I am at that computer later.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro

I reinstalled tumbler and edited ~/.config/tumbler/tumbler.rc. Seems fine now.