Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Have you purchased a Linux game lately?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Have you purchased a Linux game lately?

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    Make sure, when you start Painkiller, that you aim your reticle at the three red lights. They'll go out, and you can then move and shoot...
    For the life of me i could NOT figure out why i couldn't move. all i could do is move my aim around but that was it. i looked at the controls and it showed the normal W for going forward but my guy would not move. SO i just closed the game and went back to Bastion. THANKS, Now i know, LMFAO
    Check out my Blog about my life and computer software and hardware. http://ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com/
    My YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    For the life of me i could NOT figure out why i couldn't move. all i could do is move my aim around but that was it. i looked at the controls and it showed the normal W for going forward but my guy would not move. SO i just closed the game and went back to Bastion. THANKS, Now i know, LMFAO
    I complained about this on the Steam Painkiller forums, and on the Nordic Games official Linux version bug thread. Both times, the answer was pointed out to me, and I was a bit red-faced.

If it makes you feel any better, a whole lot of people have reported this "bug."

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I had been playing minecraft since beta. Not sure why they recommended real Java, because I never had trouble with openjdk.

I got into Linux Steam while it was still beta in January. I got Counter Strike:Source and Half Life 2 when they were on sale, but have mostly be playing Team Fortress 2.

Since I got a game controller (Logitech F710) to qualify for Steam OS hardware beta test, I was looking for something to use that with and recently bought a space program on sale called Salvation Prophecy. I still use keyboard/mouse on the ground, but the gamepad for space battles, which works pretty much like RC flying. It supports Windows and Linux, but not Mac. Everything worked with the gamepad in xbox mode for Steam Big Picture mode and in the game, except for the Dpad (zoom & weapon slot) while flying (even though it worked in circular menu). Keyboard/mouse or joystick were configurable in the game, but not the gamepad, so I made some settings with the Dpad in keyboard settings, looked for that xml config file, modified the gamepad xml file, and then everything worked with the gamepad.
    i5 650 3.2 GHz, 8 GB, nvidia GTX 550 Ti 32" 1080p | i7-4700, 8 GB, Intel HD 4600/nvidia GTX 765M 15.6" 1080p | etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I complained about this on the Steam Painkiller forums, and on the Nordic Games official Linux version bug thread. Both times, the answer was pointed out to me, and I was a bit red-faced.

If it makes you feel any better, a whole lot of people have reported this "bug."
    do you know how easy or hard it would be to get my xbox 360 controller to work with Painkiller Hell and Damnation? The reason I ask is because i can't seem to get my mouse movements good enough for aiming. I try it on 40 and it's not fast enough to turn and shoot, i put it on 70 and it's too fast and I'll all of a sudden being aiming in a completely wrong direction. I think the game is really cool but this whole mouse movement thing is really irritating me. Also I can't get it to run in windowed mode, no matter what resolution i put it on it's always fullscreen and my GPU (Nvidia 8400GS) isn't exactly powerful you know.
    Last edited by dannyboy79; October 22nd, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Check out my Blog about my life and computer software and hardware. http://ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com/
    My YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Been playing The Bard's Tale from the Humble Bundle and it is hilariously AWESOME!

In my opinion, I would call it a AAA game from the PS2-XBOX1 generation. The developers, inXile-Entertainment, created all the Baldurs Gates, Torment, Icewind Dale, Fallout, Starfleet Academy and more. Really top notch creative game developers.
    I highly recommend it!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by DanglingPointer View Post
    Been playing The Bard's Tale from the Humble Bundle and it is hilariously AWESOME!

In my opinion, I would call it a AAA game from the PS2-XBOX1 generation. The developers, inXile-Entertainment, created all the Baldurs Gates, Torment, Icewind Dale, Fallout, Starfleet Academy and more. Really top notch creative game developers.
    I highly recommend it!
    InXile is also working on the Kickstarter-funded games, Wasteland 2 and Torment:Tides of Numenera, which will have Linux versions when released next year.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

bought this on steam Halloween sale:

Anna
    Natural Selection 2
    Killing Floor
    Left For Dead 2

Also installed 2 free to play games:

TF2
    No More Room In Hell

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

InXile is also working on the Kickstarter-funded games, Wasteland 2 and Torment:Tides of Numenera, which will have Linux versions when released next year.
    I'll definitely get those when they're out!

I played all the Baldur's Gate games about a decade ago and to this day I would say The Baldur's Gate Trilogy is the most epic game I have ever played! Started playing it in 1999 and finished playing Throne of Bhaal (the third instalment in the trilogy, it was meant to be Baldur's Gate 3 but ended up as an expansion with content as large as the host game itself!) in 2002.

Hopefully they throw Icewind Dale and Torment in Linux-Steam as well as I never got a chance to play those games!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I have just downloaded Left for Dead 2 from steam .. not my faourite game but at least it runs native and is fun.

As a sde note I bought UT2004 Midway edition to run from the linux Installer.. but the the installer crashes with an error .

Anyone know where i could get help with this.

This my faourite game and do not wish to install windows to run it.
    I have to use windows at work.. at home i dont even want to dual boot.
    lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by rigel4 View Post
    I have just downloaded Left for Dead 2 from steam .. not my faourite game but at least it runs native and is fun.

As a sde note I bought UT2004 Midway edition to run from the linux Installer.. but the the installer crashes with an error .

Anyone know where i could get help with this.

This my faourite game and do not wish to install windows to run it.
    I have to use windows at work.. at home i dont even want to dual boot.
    lol
    Mate you're probably better off asking that question on its own thread in this forum. You're more likely to get help that way.
    I haven't played that game I'm sorry to say so can't help you there.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast