Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you purchased a Linux game lately?

Beans

Re: Have you purchased a Linux game lately?

Bastion, Kairo and Defense Zone, those three I mention already stoled a lot of time from me.
    Very nice games.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ThoseTimesAreGone View Post
    I do not believe in Wine. Too much trouble for what you get out of it. I do not have the time to sit around and apply fixes for my pc. Pointless imo. Native client or nothing. If i want a game and its not on linux, i go to forums and post about it... I just posted on Path of Exile forums asking for a linux client. Native software is what we need if we want more support and wider adoption. thats not gonna happen with cross compatability clients imo. Esp b/c of how buggy they are.

Tropico 5 is coming to linux .

http://steamforlinux.com/?q=en/node/329

Open source can be great but we need to put our money where our mouth is. Ubuntu is leading the pack and that is great. I donated money to them recently as well. Thinking about donating some to libre office also.
    Oh YAY!!! I agree that Wine is a great hassle, but sometimes, it's worth it. I'm so glad it will be on Linux. I do the same with requesting Linux ports and I won't buy a game unless it's on Linux or it's a 5-star game that I just have to have.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Well, I'm still dual-booting; Borderlands 2 was on fire sale yesterday on Steam, and I picked it up; Steam sales have been 90% of my game purchases on the Windows side. I have paid full price for a lot of the Linux games I've bought on Steam. Not that I mind a sale.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just finished Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief and.... I'm blown away by the ending! Never expected that ending! Perhaps the best story in a game I've played all year!

Raven is a good example that graphics ain't what defines a good game! The graphics in Raven are arguably below mediocre but the story is absolutely amazing! Really good! I understand now why it got a 9/10 on IGN! I couldn't at first when checking the trailers but now I completely understand! It has an AMAZINGLY written story!

Now to finish off something less mentally challenging! The last level of L4D2! I gotta relax the brain cells!

Quote Originally Posted by DanglingPointer View Post
    Just finished Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief and.... I'm blown away by the ending! Never expected that ending! Perhaps the best story in a game I've played all year!

Raven is a good example that graphics ain't what defines a good game! The graphics in Raven are arguably below mediocre but the story is absolutely amazing! Really good! I understand now why it got a 9/10 on IGN! I couldn't at first when checking the trailers but now I completely understand! It has an AMAZINGLY written story!

Now to finish off something less mentally challenging! The last level of L4D2! I gotta relax the brain cells!
    interesting review. I wasnt going to buy this game but now i will be considering it.

I bought HL2 episode 1 and HL2 episode 2 the other day for $4.

Quote Originally Posted by Daren_Rileyob View Post
    Where??
    Steam was selling Half life collection for $10, but you could by the individual hl2 epi 1 and epi 2 for $1.99 each.

i looked and it seems the price is back to normal now. Next time i will post on the forums if i see a good deal while its valid. sorry about that.

Im sure it will be on sale again during the steam winter sale.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Last week I bought ARMA Tactics and am currently on the 4th mission. Pretty good turn based tactical simulator of door-to-door urban combat!

Just bought Amnesia - A Machine For Pigs. Looking forward to that, it got a good review at IGN scoring 8.3/10. Finally my first AAA horror game on Linux!

Lastly, prices for the AMD R9-290x will be released within the next 24hrs if I'm not mistaken! Hopefully it is in the low $600s which should force the price down of the Titan and 780! Then I'll be ready for Metro Last Light!

Quote Originally Posted by DanglingPointer View Post
    Last week I bought ARMA Tactics and am currently on the 4th mission. Pretty good turn based tactical simulator of door-to-door urban combat!

Just bought Amnesia - A Machine For Pigs. Looking forward to that, it got a good review at IGN scoring 8.3/10. Finally my first AAA horror game on Linux!

Lastly, prices for the AMD R9-290x will be released within the next 24hrs if I'm not mistaken! Hopefully it is in the low $600s which should force the price down of the Titan and 780! Then I'll be ready for Metro Last Light!
    If you want to be satisfied then do not have high hopes for amnesia AMFP. And if you want a real horror game on your linux machine then go and buy amnesia the dark descent instead. If you want to see the real score between these games go and check out metacritic USERS score for both titles. that will paint the picture clear.

I have both btw.

Beans

Bought Killing floor, donated to ubuntu, bought a few things on dota 2, bought a few keys on tf2 to show my support. Today is payday so since everything is free it's about time to donate again.

Beans

Have Steam for Linux, for which I specially bought Counter Strike: Source, Trine 2 and Mark of the Ninja. Also run L4D2 and Killing Floor on Steam for Linux, although i originally bought these for Windows Steam.

And besides that I have bought a few Humble Bundle titles, including Crayon Deluxe, And Yet It Moves, Machinarium, Osmos, Frozen Synapse, Trine and Revenge of the Titans. Oh and specially bought Steel Storm Burning Retribution when it became available on Linux.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast