Thread: Skype and KDE theme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Skype and KDE theme

Skype 4.1 on kubuntu 12.04 seems not to follow the colour scheme dictated by the KDE theme; in particular the name of the selected contact is written in black over dark blue, making it unreadable. Is there any known solution to this issue?

Beans

Re: Skype and KDE theme

I have a mostly all-defaults Kubuntu 12.04 installation, with Skype 4.1.0.20, and I don't see the issue as described. Do you see it with the default "air" theme? If not, what theme is showing the problem? What video hardware and driver are you using?
    Intel Core i7-950 / Asus P6X58D-E / Nvidia GTX480 / siduction 64-bit on OCZ Revodrive SSD / KDE4.10.2/ Kubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'm using the default theme. I have a Zenbook prime UX31A with intel Ivy Bridge graphic controller. I've installed the 64 bits version of Kubuntu and skype. Other people have the same problem, but google has found only solutions for Gnome.

Beans

I would suppose the problem is limited to certain GPU/driver combinations, the same or similar to what you have. I don't have a system with that Intel Ivy Bridge controller, which is probably at the heart of the problem. I can't offer anything more than what google can find -- sorry.
    Intel Core i7-950 / Asus P6X58D-E / Nvidia GTX480 / siduction 64-bit on OCZ Revodrive SSD / KDE4.10.2/ Kubuntu 13.04

Beans

perce,

Open Skype menu > Options > General, and under "Choose Style" select "GTK+" style.

Restart Skype.

Beans

for me, only the following actions made stable effect:
    1. install kde-config-gtk gtk2-engines-oxygen:i386
    2. go to Sytem Settings -> Application Appearance
    a. colors - select Oxygen Gold
    b. GTK+ appearance - select oxygen-gtk