Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Using Port mapping if my internal ip not match my public ip

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Using Port mapping if my internal ip not match my public ip

@ian: Think that "remote host: empty" field might also be involved? It would depend on just how the router's internal code handles things, but seems possible that this could be the cause of the "connection refused" error he's showing in an earlier post...
    --
    Jim Kyle in Oklahoma, USA
    Linux Counter #259718
    Howto mark thread: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ian-weisser View Post
    At the beginning of the thread, you wrote that your server's IP address was 192.168.1.13
    The router is directing port 80 packets to 192.168.2.3 instead.
    Run ifconfig to double-check the server's current IP address.
    Change the 'local host' field so it point to the server's current IP address.
    i said that at the beginning of my thread and i have chagned to the IP 192.168.2.3 because my router is using the network 192.168.2.0 and it has 192.168.2.1

Beans
    Distro

Hi guys...

Beans

Are you trying to say that you did set up port forwarding correctly on the router, and that the router really is forwarding port 80 to the correct server IP?

If so, then is your webserver running?
    On the server, try sudo netstat -tulpn . Is your webserver listening on port 80?
    Do you have a firewall on server turned on that is blocking inbound port 80 connections?

Do you have a firewall on the router that is blocking onbound port 80 connections?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ian-weisser View Post
    Are you trying to say that you did set up port forwarding correctly on the router, and that the router really is forwarding port 80 to the correct server IP?

If so, then is your webserver running?
    On the server, try sudo netstat -tulpn . Is your webserver listening on port 80?
    Do you have a firewall on server turned on that is blocking inbound port 80 connections?

Do you have a firewall on the router that is blocking onbound port 80 connections?
    I think we are going to spend much time about this thread you ask me and i answer you and no luck and over again...

i think this question will end this thread...

Do you have three IP addresses and have you set up port forwarding successfully ?

Or

Do you know any one has three IP addresses and has set up port forwarding successfully ?

Any one have read this post PLEASE answer me or if can any one provide a logical article (Even if you have three IP addresses one for you local machine and one on your router's WAN settings and one external you still can use port forwarding ).

thank you *____________*

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Raafat1991 View Post
    Any one have read this post PLEASE answer me or if can any one provide a logical article (Even if you have three IP addresses one for you local machine and one on your router's WAN settings and one external you still can use port forwarding ).
    I have three such addresses; the WAN address is in the 99.x.x.x area, the router is on the 192.168.1.x/24 network, and my LAN is on 192.168.0.x/24. I have no problem at all forwarding ports 20 and 21 for FTP, but my WAN address is static, not dynamic. My router is a Motorola 3347, business class, from AT&T, and refers to port forwarding as a "pinhole" but handles it perfectly.

The problem you are having may very well be because you are on a dynamic IP, subject to change every 24 hours or possibly even sooner although many ISPs try to assign the same IP as long as possible. Try running one of the "what is my IP" web pages frequently to see if yours is changing. If it is, then something like dyndns or one of the other services will be necessary in order for anyone outside your LAN to get through!
    --
    Linux Counter #259718

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by JKyleOKC View Post
    I have three such addresses; the WAN address is in the 99.x.x.x area, the router is on the 192.168.1.x/24 network, and my LAN is on 192.168.0.x/24. I have no problem at all forwarding ports 20 and 21 for FTP
    I think you are on a local network and your router on another and a default gateway between you ,it's intuitive that your router has an IP address and what you said above it's,that's not what i mean...

Please Does your router's WAN IP match your external IP ?

if so tell me how did you know it ?

if can you post some screenshots for your router's WAN IP ?

thank you *____________*
    Last edited by Raafat1991; September 8th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by JKyleOKC View Post
    I
    The problem you are having may very well be because you are on a dynamic IP, subject to change every 24 hours or possibly even sooner although many ISPs try to assign the same IP as long as possible. Try running one of the "what is my IP" web pages frequently to see if yours is changing. If it is, then something like dyndns or one of the other services will be necessary in order for anyone outside your LAN to get through!
    Thank you for you interaction with me...

I'm sure that my IP did't changed when i'm trying to reach it outside my home

i visited this site http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and i figured out my IP and i have used it to reach my server but there is no luck and after that i went back to this site http://whatismyipaddress.com/ to be sure that my IP did't chagned and it's so.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Is ufw enabled on your server?
    Code:
    sudo ufw status
    Running 14.04 on my HP Pavilion g6 4 Gig Ram 320 Gig Disc

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Raafat1991 View Post
    Please Does your router's WAN IP match your external IP ?

if so tell me how did you know it ?
    Yes, it does match. The router has a status page that lists the WAN IP as well as the LAN IP range, and my customers have no problem reaching my server using that same IP which proves that it's the external address.

A screenshot would be no help at all to you, since every make of router has different configuration pages. The 3347 has many more specialized possibilities than do most home routers; I could configure it to recognize five different external IPs (for which I currently pay, but do not use) and pass them directly to specific machines on my LAN, for example. That's why I bought it in the first place, but then I found that the single static IP that my ISP wraps around those five others suffices for all my needs!

I actually deal with quite a few other IP addesses here, since I have a few virtual machines that use the 10.x.x.x range and NAT to link to my LAN through the host machines.

It might help you to install the wireshark package and look at all the packets involved when you try to connect from an external system; running a scan from GRC is one way to get packets sent to you from outside your LAN so you can see what is happening to them.
    --
    Linux Counter #259718

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast