Thread: Downgrade System 76 gazp9 to Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Downgrade System 76 gazp9 to Ubuntu 12.04

Anybody know if it is possible to downgrade my gazp9 system 76 laptop from 13.04 to 12.04 of Ubuntu? Has anybody done it before?

Thanks,
    Gani

Beans

Re: Downgrade System 76 gazp9 to Ubuntu 12.04

You cannot downgrade to an earlier release using commands. You must install 12.04 as a new installation. You might want to consider a dual boot system and keep both.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

12.04 isn't compatible with your GazP9. Due to the Haswell processor, you'll want to be on 13.04 or later or else all of the hardware won't work.

We can't provide tech support for Ubuntu versions released prior to a given system's release date.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Many people have installed Ubuntu on Haswell systems. It works, but Systems76 has made a deliberate decision to abandon still supported LTS releases and ONLY offer support on the latest release. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2165676

You should be able to run 12.04 without too much trouble, but you will have a lot of the same problems as you would trying to install it on a new Dell. (No support) However, the link about does include a linke to the 12.04 compatable driver deb, so it is not as bad as it could be.

If you decide to try, I will do what I can to help.