Thread: Spotify through VPN

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Spotify through VPN

While on Windows I was able to download this free VPN software called "Spotflux" that enabled me to use Spotify, but I can't seem to find the equivalent for Ubuntu. All VPN clients that I find are only for the browser. Am I stuck using the Spotify web app or is there a client of such for Ubuntu?
    Adapt. Evolve. Become

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Spotify through VPN

Ubuntu (or newer ones for sure) have VPN abilities built right in. You should find them in the network icon on the menu bar and selecting "VPN Connections...". Assuming you know the VPN server and its credentials, you should be up and running right away.

Out of the box, I know PPTP is supported, but if this isn't the protocol that you used, you can install additional packages which offer the feature.

You could use a package manager like Synaptic to find various packages which offer a daemon or client which integrates and manages VPNs from your system if you're using a version of Ubuntu that might not have this.

Beans

Re: Spotify through VPN

Quote Originally Posted by BJones007 View Post
    While on Windows I was able to download this free VPN software called "Spotflux" that enabled me to use Spotify, but I can't seem to find the equivalent for Ubuntu. All VPN clients that I find are only for the browser. Am I stuck using the Spotify web app or is there a client of such for Ubuntu?
    It is extremely easy to set up vpn on ubuntu see this guide

http://nikunjlahoti.com/2013/03/03/p...pn-on-android/

look at this if as well if you are not sure what to tip where
    http://youtu.be/Uhb8vdg2TQ8?t=27s
    this guide is for only understanding what to tip where makes sure you follow the first link
    Last edited by Chelidze; August 30th, 2013 at 12:00 AM.