Thread: Nautilus File Manager goes blank after an amount of time

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Nautilus File Manager goes blank after an amount of time

At power up, I open the file manager Nautilus, then I minimize the manager's window. Coming back to it, minutes (30? 20? 10 minutes later I'm uncertain exactly how long) shows the outline of the window. But all the icons are gone. I then must close that windows and open Nautilus again, in order to see the files/objects/sub-directories, et cetera.

See attached screenshot, please.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Nautilus File Manager goes blank after an amount of time

From what I see, you do not have ubuntu 13.04 installed. Backup, then upgrade, to see if you still have an issue.

If it doesn't work, or if you can't upgrade for any reason, go to another directory in the sidebar, then switch back to the directory you were viewing.
    -Jonathan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Nautilus File Manager goes blank after an amount of time

I won't upgrade just now. I really like the 12.04 LTS. Everything is working. Most everything. I report this more for the Devs as an FYI, then it really matters if I close and open the file manager Nautilus. Thanks.
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw