Level of experience: Beginner
Hello ubuntu forums,
since setting up a UEFI dual boot with Windows 8 x64 and Ubuntu 12.04 x64 I am trying to install the graphic drivers properly.
The graphics card I am using is AMD Radeon HD 7670M.
When I install the proprietary driver with the Additional drivers program, Ubuntu boots with graphic errors so it becomes impossible to navigate.
I then have to use this method to get Ubuntu working again.
According to AMD's official drivers website the graphics card is supported, but not Ubuntu 12.04.
According to the Unofficial Wiki for the AMD Linux Driver the graphics card is not supported.
Additionally to fglrx not working, compiz is not working either.
I ran some tests as shown here and the results are the following:
- less /var/log/Xorg.0.log: No "DRI Initialization Successful." message found
- less /var/log/XFree86.0.log: File not found
- glxinfo | grep direct: Shows 4 error messages and one information message
- dmesg: fglrx entries are present, but I am not sure if they are the right ones
- lsmod | grep fglrx: two fglrx entries appear
I hope you can help.