Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    20

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    I dont know how to get to % system32%\........

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Beans
    20

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    cd windows\system32\codeintegrity\

    dir/w (verify Bootcat.cache is there)

    del Bootcat.cache


    dir/w (verify Bootcat.cache is gone)

    reboot system

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    20

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptre78 View Post
    cd windows\system32\codeintegrity\

    dir/w (verify Bootcat.cache is there)

    del Bootcat.cache


    dir/w (verify Bootcat.cache is gone)

    reboot system

    So when I open command prompt it says
    X:\windows\system32>

    I then type the command in you posted?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Beans
    20

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    yes.

    cd windows\system32\codeintegrity\ (takes you where you need to go)

    dir/w (verify Bootcat.cache is there)

    del Bootcat.cache (deletes the file)

    dir/w (verify Bootcat.cache is gone)



    then reboot your computer

    EDIT: cd C:\windows\system32\codeintegrity\
    Last edited by sceptre78; August 28th, 2013 at 07:29 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    77

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    Quote Originally Posted by chris90 View Post
    Im running windows 7 ultimate 64bit on a custom pc. Asus board 640gb wd hd. Heres a pic of info.
    That's good, all info looks great in the picture, your disk does not seem to be damaged. Removing the Bootcat.cache probably solves the problem, what puzzles me is how that got messed up by trying to run Ubuntu from a live USB since it shouldn't touch your harddrive at all, and that is a Windows file that only affects the Windows boot-process.
    Help me help you, by reading these suggestions before asking for help!
    This will earn you 1 point of respect and a cookie if you also show good manners.
    I'm currently running Kubuntu 13.04 on my laptop and Debian 7 on my desktop pc.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    20

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptre78 View Post
    yes.

    cd windows\system32\codeintegrity\ (takes you where you need to go)

    dir/w (verify Bootcat.cache is there)

    del Bootcat.cache (deletes the file)

    dir/w (verify Bootcat.cache is gone)



    then reboot your computer




    EDIT: you may first have to cdir C:\ (change to C )
    Not there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    20

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    Quote Originally Posted by eternal243 View Post
    That's good, all info looks great in the picture, your disk does not seem to be damaged. Removing the Bootcat.cache probably solves the problem, what puzzles me is how that got messed up by trying to run Ubuntu from a live USB since it shouldn't touch your harddrive at all, and that is a Windows file that only affects the Windows boot-process.
    Not working

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Beans
    20

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    try copying the file from a working PC of the same OS..... other then that I'm tapped out.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    20

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    This is awsome. I try ubuntu and it screws up 4yrs worth of pics, movies..... second time this did this to me. I cant believe im gonna have to format over this.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    77

    Re: cant boot windows 7 after trial usb

    Quote Originally Posted by chris90 View Post
    This is awsome. I try ubuntu and it screws up 4yrs worth of pics, movies..... second time this did this to me. I cant believe im gonna have to format over this.
    Man, get your facts straight, trying linux is always done at your own risk, I have told you that your harddrive is okay and all files are probably there, if you format it it will all be gone. If you can't take the time to solve it here, you can always turn in your computer to a professional and pay them to recover your files. And for the future my top suggestion is to always keep regular backups if you can't afford to lose your data. We have tried to be nice and help you, we are not professionals and we do this for free on our free time. Thanks.
    Help me help you, by reading these suggestions before asking for help!
    This will earn you 1 point of respect and a cookie if you also show good manners.
    I'm currently running Kubuntu 13.04 on my laptop and Debian 7 on my desktop pc.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •