Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GNOME Developers Will Remove Middle-Click Paste!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: GNOME Developers Will Remove Middle-Click Paste!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Picklesworth View Post
    Please do wait and see what it's going to be used for
    I'll wait and see. People are always ripping these devs, then sometimes I find out that I actually like what they've done.

I'd rather see developers trying new things, not saying "This is how things have always been and that's how they're always gonna stay, dang it!"

Keeps things interesting. Also gives people a reason to complain about stuff they get for free and really don't have to use anyway, which I find entertaining.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

'Re: GNOME Developers Will Remove Middle-Click Paste!

Quote Originally Posted by lykwydchykyn View Post
    IIRC elemntary OS's desktop is a custom fork of GNOME, not GNOME. Their design ethos is essentially simplify, simplify, simplify.

If you don't like this, why not use a different environment? Not all developers are about taking away features....
    EOS isn't a fork, Gnome or otherwise. the Gnome that's in there is the Gnome that's in Ubuntu.

But, yes, people who don't like X or Y or Z should just move on to something they do like. (More likely, just stay with what they're already using.) The assertion: "I don't like it, therefore it is bad." is false.

Now, I'm going to go to a vegan deli and pitch a fit because they don't serve cheeseburgers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12